Thanks for everyone's help!  I just switched over my sessions across
the load-balanced servers to memcached and it worked perfectly.  I
think the pages even load a little faster without the extra hits to
the database on every page.  Can't wait to see how this affects
performance during peak traffic.

Cheers,
Jonathan