>From the looks of it, you're not evicting anything. Which means memcached
isn't forgetting about anything you're telling it. For some other reason
your sessions are not being found.

>From your description of the problem (sometimes logged in, sometimes not),
along with the high miss rate on memcached, tells me that something else
is wrong with your configuration.

I know you've been asked this before, but:

- Can you quadruple check that both webservers have *identical
configurations*. Both webservers list both memcached servers as the same
IPs, in the same order. If they're incorrect, if a user hits webserver1,
then webserver2, then webserver1, that would end up having them flip
between memcached's.

- Have you combed your error logs? Are you handling errors from your
client? It's possible that memcached or your client are throwing errors
and you're not noticing, or that it's failing to contact one server
sometimes and is then contacting the other.

- Have you tried enabling persistent connections from php? There should be
an option for it. You have a high rate of new connections and switching to
persistent can reduce those symptoms (such as firewalls, running out of
local ports, etc).

- Your software is very old. Memcached is very old and I'm going to guess
that your pecl/memcached library is also very old. You're missing a lot of
counters and bug fixes that would help diagnose (or outright fix) issues
like this. Would you consider upgrading to the latest non-betas?