On 12 December 2012 11:16, Simonas Leleiva <simonas.lele...@gmail.com>wrote:

>>> decoder ring, Dick Tracy 2-Way Wrist Radio. phablet/shmablet might
>>> work; phablet is already kinda weird.

>>> Carl
>>>

>> Personally, all the words like phablet shmablet etc. sound very weird and
>> sounds like we are creating a monster or something. ;) Thus I would stick
>> on the Tablet/Netbook/SmartTV/IVI etc. which are the known categories or so.
>>

> We are trying to stay humorous, not monstrous. But as we see, this can be
> misunderstood at times :)
>

>> But it is nice start in general.
>>
> Ta!
>
> I'm struggling with this:
>
> ... from *mobile phones* to in-car systems and smart TVs.
>
>  Become a user and enjoy. Try it on your *mobile phone*, tablet,
>
> ^
> mobile phones repeated two times in close distance.
>
> I am looking for replacement for the first one.
> The original idea was "fuel drilling machines"
>
> I'm just looking for something more realistic (e.g. having at least an
> LCD), yet funny (humorous) at the same time.
>
> But ran out of ideas. Remember Stskeeps or lbt were writing an explanatory
> email about what Mer is. And there they used huge amount of products of
> their imagination.
> I can vaguely remember: ..a hacker in the cellar coding his interactive
> coffee cup holder, or a vendor producing car parking machine.
> ^ but there were some funny ones too.

What I was referring:
http://lists.meego.com/pipermail/meego-dev/2011-October/484281.html
"It could be a small business that makes bus displays. It could be a
hobbyist at home who doesn't want to bother making his own distribution and
just want to show a clock on his LCD."

I GOT A GREAT IDEA: we should place some -useful- project ideas already in
introduction text ! So we attract more interest (as normally they say: "ah,
but I have no idea where to put Nemo on"

So, let's say:

NemoMobile is based on the lightweight Mer Linux core which enables a vast
range of devices: from alarm clocks to in-car systems and smart TVs.

Become a user and enjoy. Try it on a mobile phone, tablet, your custom home
automation system, ..., and tell us how it went!

Since we all are community, share your ideas! Don't be competitive, when in
the end you'll know you'll never have time to manufacture it. But someone
else might pick it and actually make it!

Any better cunning ideas for a Nemo-driven home project?

Cheers,
Simonas (sledges)