Casey,

You da MAN!! The one time I attempted to tighten the castle-type lockring, the
whole electrical portion turned as well. I thought they were connected somehow
inside the pump, so you couldn't turn it without taking things apart inside. I
guess mine was just sticky and I needed to tinker with it more. I was going to
explore this on my spare pump, but it sounds like the proverbial piece of cake
based on what you described. Thanks for the info!

:-)

-dm

Quoting Casey & Susan Kanzler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Alright, the discussion piqued my interest, so I went out to the shop and tinkered with a spare pump. The L7 connector is held on with a castle-type lockring, and under that is a metal sealing ring. The sealing ring can be replaced from the top (if you can find a new one), but it's probably just as effective to loosen the lockring, clean under there real good, squeeze in a good perimeter of sealant, and re-tighten--or just further tighten the lockring down without the cleaning/sealant. I used a small small hammer and chisel set to loosen/tighten the lockring.

Probably should add this little procedure to the list of stuff requiring attention when the intake manifold is removed.

Casey