Trampas wrote:
I have done all the normal stuff, ALDL adjusted and check boost at ALDL, valves adjusted, etc. Of course I have fixed the EGR and the NoX pop off valve (yes it is a 1985). I have also done timing chain, diesel purge, etc. I even dropped exhaust system to check for plugging. The only problems I have found was #2 cylinder is a little low on compression. The thing that helped any amount was disconnecting waste gate, did I mention my attempts to blow it up? I have driven several other 300SDs and 300Ds, from what I can tell mine is faster than about 80% of the ones I have driven so I figure it is about normal. I am guessing the injectors need to be replaced, the cam may have some wear and I may need to set IP timing.

Measure your 0-62 mph acceleration time. It should be about 15 seconds (or 16 if it's a California certified car). If it's that fast you will not get it to be much faster no matter what you do without risking damaging the engine. If it's slower than that, then there's something wrong!

Marshall
'87 300TD 181Kmi,'87 190D 2.5 199Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 227Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 159Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 234kmi
      Diesel Technical Advisor MBCA, member GWSection
    http://www.dhc.net/~pmhack/mercedes/mbooth1.htm