It'd really be nice to have 2 epc's running side by side so both
models could be viewed simultaneously, Casey.  Pistons, camshaft
housing, head appear to be identical.  Not so, exhaust valves or
crankcase.  There's a footnote to the complete 606.962 that indicated
a shortblock should be available as 6060104000, but I can't pull it up
as a valid p/n anywhere.  Shortblock for the 606.910 is 6060100050;
this comes up in the epc, but not in the recent pricelist.  Can't say
off the top that what you seem to be contemplating looks
insurmountable; it's an intriguing idea that might require a good deal
more investigation to determine just how consequential the differences
might be.

joe