I believe that one of the advantages is that you get to work in more
than one axis.  The 'dynamic' balancers instruct you to place the
weight on the inside or the outside of the rim, depending on where the
imbalance is located.

The bubble balancers tell you to place a weight opposite the imbalance,
but no information on the axial placement of said weight.

It's splitting hairs, but it can make a very nice ride a perfect ride.

Richard

--- Royce Engler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Seems to me that the advantage of the spinning balancers is that the
> balance
> the wheel under actual conditions.
>
> Royce Engler
> 1985 300TD Turbo 265K
>

> --- "Kaleb C. Striplin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Anybody ever used one of those manual tire changers like you can
> get
> > at
> > harbor freight?

Yahoo! Sports