David Johnson wrote:
What does running hard like this mean to the
transmission?  Would that wear down the transmission
faster?  If that's the case, I'd rather run the engine
at lower efficiency than having to shell out 2K for a
new trannny.

I'm convinced accellerating hard is actually easier on the tranny in my 300D Turbo. When I accellerate moderately, it tends to flare or hang during shifts. When I accellerate hard, it shifts firmly and crisply. A firm shift *has* to be easier on the internal clutches and bands.

Besides, it's a Mercedes automatic. It'll blow up no matter what you do. ;) The one in my car has already had one rebuild, according to the previous owner.