Loren Faeth wrote:
tinted glass is used by druggies, gangs and other criminals to hide what they are doing. It should be outlawed everywhere. I have nothing to hide. I don't even like tinted glass. Back when glass was clear, truckers and others always gave a truckers wave. Now you can't see it because the glass is not clear. Roads were friendlier when you could see the wave.

Where I live, you're not allowed to tint the windshield or the front side windows. The rest are fair game. That seems like a reasonable compromise. Having had a van with a dark tinted back window, though, I don't think I'd do it again. It made it really difficult to see while backing up at night.