Mitch,

I think that it is possible for this car to get pretty close to 110 mph,
certainly it will exceed 100.  My '85 wagon with 320k miles on it, with same
engine and transmission as this car, has reached an indicated 107 mph in 5th
gear (will go faster in 4th gear but I didn't know that before and haven't had
an opportunity to find out how much faster since).  I've reason to think that
my speedometer is pretty accurate, but I haven't 'calibrated' it against GPS
yet.  If the EGR valve has been disabled, a reasonable estimate is a gain of
~5hp (comparing info from '85 TDM for engine power figures in countries that
didn't require EGR - they got an extra ~5hp).  The sedan will be lighter than
my wagon (lighter still than a US spec car which has an automatic transmission
and heavier bumpers).

Also, do I see an ABS pump in the engine bay?

Unfortunately, the car is beginning to rust - I think I see bubble on the
leading edge of the RR fender, and there is a rust stain on the front bumper.
Also, the jack points look a little ragged - very hard to tell in the poor
lighting conditions used to photograph the car so that it is very tough to see
the lower body parts.

Will be fun to see how much it goes for!

Max

Very respectfully,
/s/
LCDR Meade M. Dillon, USNR
Digest Lurker since 2001
’85 300TD 321k miles (Euro 5spd)
'96 Infiniti I30 149k miles (wife's 5spd)
'73 Balboa 20 'Sanctification'
Charleston SC