Don wrote:

> What?
>
> You're saying that your car has a higher top end in 4th than it does
> in 5th? Unless there is a governor attached to overdrive, that is
> totally counter intuitive.

I'm pulling numbers out of thin air, but saying the car is faster in
fourth could be the same as saying it makes more power at 5000 rpm
than at 4000 rpm. I once had a car that could pull redline in 4th,
(800 rpm faster than peak hp) or go the same speed within one or
two mph in 5th (around 600 or 800 rpm below the power peak). That
car would have been faster with different gearing.