rumor has it that Mitch wrote:

> Luther Gulseth wrote:
> >
> > My dad's 300D odometer is not working all the time.  It catches, slows
> > down, and sometimes stops for periods of time.

> The alternative involves a tiny, tiny drop of super glue, touching
> only the shaft and the gear.

CAREFUL WITH THE GLUE!!!

On one of my cars, the PO tried to fix the odometer with glue - and
glued the first two wheels together. Worth nothing but spare parts
now...

Also, note that there are two teeth per number on the number wheels. If
you get it put back together one tooth off, the odometer will always be
halfway between numbers on that wheel. Kind of a bother to open it back
up again... especially if it's glued!

         Philip, who uses a knife to roughen the shaft