-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Dave M.
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2005 11:23 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [MBZ] R-12

Hi Royce,

I hope I'm not just being a Chicken Little here, but switching to
Freeze-12 from 134a is probably a really bad thing. Your system would
have been fed PAG/POE oil during the conversion to R-134a. The problem
is, FR-12 is not particularly compatible with those oils, even though
the mfr may claim it is. Read this page for more info:

http://www.autofrost.com/hotshot/index.html

The R-12 replacements (FR-12, AutoFrost, HotShot, etc) are all great
products but only when used in an original, virginal R-12 system that
still has mineral oil and has NOT been
"contaminated" with PAG/POE oils. At least that's my opinion.

For a car that's been converted to R-134a, or otherwise has PAG/POE
oil, and you want a cheaper or more effective refrigerant... I'd try
to use the GHG-X7 or -X8 products from AutoFrost. I believe these will
perform better than DuraCool (which I think is safe for PAG/POE oils,
it just doesn't work all that great in hot climates.)

:-)

Dave M.
Boise, ID

> I've just been through the saga of dealing with my a/c system, and it
ain't
> over yet.  Here are some of the things I've learned along the way...
>
> Converted to R134 a few years ago when the evaporator started leaking.
That