How many lbs does your system take and how many did you put in?

Did you use gauges? high&low side? pressure? ambiant temperature?

R-134 will work in r-12 systems but creates higher pressures with the same
volume.

I've also been having an occasional relief valve opening.  strange sound that!
But it only happend this week in 100+ temps right after I pulled the hcf-12 and
installed r134a.  Might have to switch back.  I was happy with the 134 cooling,
(faster cool down after being parked in the hot sun), but the hcf-12 was colder
by a good 8 degrees on the highway.
Brian from Columbia MO
'82 240D 286,3XX
.... still think I'm losing FR-12...as I drive I keep hearing something from
time to time that sounds like a relief valve lifting.  Gotta check into that
some more today.

Royce Engler
1985 300TD Turbo 265K
--- Begin Message ---