On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 09:01:50PM -0400, John Ervine wrote:
> Then you've got a great winter car!  x-D

Winter? I live in california. About all I need is a defroster to deal with
the windshield getting fogged up.

> Seriously, though, should I send you 83-605 of the service manual so you and
> your friend can go cross-eyed staring at electrical diagrams 7, 8, and 8a?

No thanks, I have the CD somewhere. I think I'm going to have to go
crosseyed :-/

> I'd take the other's suggestions and listen if the servo is moving into and
> out of park - the servo could be bad

Well, the servo in the car had a huge crack in the body, almost big enough to
put a pencil in. Don't know if that is good or bad. So I swapped in my spare,
which has a crack as well, but a very small hairline one. I used most
of the hoses from the spare servo, and the car doesn't seem to lose a bunch
of water anymore, though it seems to seep from the crack in the body of the
servo. I think it's getting JB welded until further diagnosis happens.
FWIW, neither servo made noise parking/unparking.

It was more important to get the healthy water leak stopped than it was to
have working heat. The vents don't matter, the car has windows (which I had
to fix one, the RF window popped off the front track somehow).

] Oh, dear, that reminds me. The car didn't by any chance have a stereo
] installed recently, did it?

It came with a removable face blaupunkt that didn't work, and was replaced
by a JVC CD player. ACC didn't work before the JVC was swapped in. The car
also has a [now bypassed] aftermarket alarm in it.

Thanks again to everyone, I'll be using the detailed instructions a bit
later when I try again.