Helpless urban poor kept from having a stake in keeping the world a sane place.

On Sunday, September 4, 2005, at 02:14 PM, Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:

well you have to take into account the type of people that were involved
in the first place.

redghost wrote:

I noticed that lack of community cohesion as well.  While in FL last
summer for Charlie, though there was a huge contingent of tourist, the
locals did band together to assist others. NOLA folks just had no idea
how to be a society and waited like rabid animals for somebody to save
their bacon.  Not even bothering to lift a finger to aid others, just
sat like steaming piles of s**t and waited for their hand out. Is this
the effect of too much welfare given to the poverty stricken?  Have we
taught them to not do an honest days labor or to assist the rest of
society when needed?

Upon occasion I entertain thoughts of catastrophic collapse of society,
and always had put the scavengers (street people) in the equations as
survivors, since they knew how to subsist on so little. I seem to have
bypassed the response of the welfare scum, and that they would have so
little grasp on civilization that once the veneer were pierced, they
would revert to animals without the calming effect of a 40oz, cable TV
and Rock cocaine.

Just my $0.02

--
Clay