And a few are being saved. The ones that really want to leave will go, the ones too pig headed to abandon NOLA will remain no matter how many pretty white folk knock on the door and tell them to go. A month from now the clean up crews will find dead people who were alive just a week before, but refused to leave.

IIRC, NOLA was a cesspool swamp before it was a city. It is just reverting to what nature had planned for it and some fool decided he was smarter than mother nature. Build a city by a volcano, better not be surprised if you get buried in ash. Build under water in a river delta, same results. Put your house in a flood plain, expect to get wet. Build in a dry woodland area, going to catch fire. Go to war, expect soldiers to die. This stuff is not rocket science! Common sense tells you to not do some things, if you chose to ignore the facts, you pay the price. If you are dumb enough to go to Vegas, expect to lose your shirt, but do not dare snivel to me about how I should bail your silly ass out for your own stupid gamble that you may not lose it all.

From having gone through a hurricane Charley, I can tell you that it may be a fun ride, but it is a heck of a bunch smarter to get the hell out while you still can