Yes, it's apart. I love the car, but hate the engine.
I originally removed the head because of wicked oil burning that turned out
to be caused by a blown head gasket. The #1 cylinder was not coming up as
much as the others, so I pulled the engine. The #1 connecting rod is bent,
but the cylinders are not ovaled much. All are within .006" of round. The #1
cylinder is indeed the most ovaled, but the original honing marks are still
visible all around the cylinder wall, so I'm going to live with it and hope
for the best.

I just got a digital caliper and remeasured everything. The #1 rod is
0.36mmshorter than the new one. It is also slightly bent to the side
and ever so
slightly twisted. The opening for the bottom bearing has enlarged
0.07mmhorizontally and
0.02mm vertically.

-Dave Walton