MAN did AMC mess up the Javelin when they made that awfull bubble fender model!!! I LOVED my 70...That was a nice body style but just like all NY cars was eaten away by the salt and became too dangerous to drive so I sold it to a guy doing a resto on one who needed trim pieces. That's OK I WILL have an AMX(68 or 9) to replace it with when the kids are graduated and I can get away with a 2 seater again.

Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: "Harry " M.)"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 8:49 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT Vega

You are right about the javelin, the Alabama State Police purchased a few of those as pursuit vehicles. As a matter of fact they kept a couple of them they use as show cars in parades. My nefiew lives down they and took some pictures and ask me if I knew what they were. Thought they a pretty cool looking

Mitch Haley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Kevin wrote:

Matadors and Ambassadors were used for police vehicles. IIRC, Adam-12 was a matador. There wasn't a police package like Ford, but there was a certified speedo, and police cars usually got 401s, front and rear sways, tranny coolers, and bigger brakes. The engine was identical to civilian except the oil pan
had baffles. Alabama used to use javelins as pursuit vehicles.

I thought a Matador was a Hornet coupe. In "Man with a Golden Gun", didn't
Bond and the redneck sheriff chase Scaramanga and Tattoo in a Hornet, with
Scaramanga driving a Matador which converted into an airplane?

69 280 SEL 120,000 Miles
72 350SL 108,000 Miles
2004 VW Passat 4 Motion
1999 Mazda Miata