Luther wrote: "What long term good do you think that will do?  It's DEFINATELY
not going to fix the problem of excessive waste of our resources.  Sorry,
America is addicted to oil and the cure is $250/barrel oil."

That attitude makes me very angry.  Do you have any idea what $250/barrel oil
would do to food prices OR for that matter ANY GOODS OF ANY KIND WHICH MUST BE
TRANSPORTED?

Nearly every product is in some way dependent on oil because the parts or the
ingredients are shipped, trucked, railroaded, etc.  $250/barrel oil could cause
MASSIVE and WIDESPREAD global depression.  How much will a gallon of Milk cost?
How about bread?  What about all the other products that are made from
petroleum like diapers.

If $250/barrel oil is the cure, then what is the disease? Prosperity? Security?
The ability to feed people?

Donald H. Snook