Actually many list members have cars that WILL run on
sunflowers.  Oil that is....Sun Gold, kansas tea.....  You kansans
are just not smart enough to squeeze the oil out of them thar seeds!

Better yet, mount an engine powered oil mill on top of the engine,
then feed the oil straight into the engine.  Your MB could chaw and
spit shells out of one side, and you could collect the sunflower meal
on the other side and sell it.

At 09:15 PM 7/14/2008, you wrote:
>Curt wrote: "So your alternative is just to drill for more oil? So
>your alternative is just to drill for more oil?
>What if we found oil in your backyard, is it okay if we tear down
>your house to drill for oil?"
>
>I do think we should drill for more oil. Absolutely.  If we found a
>enough oil under my house, I would tear it down myself.
>
>Until we have figured how to make hydrogen cars or compressed
>natural gas, or electric, or cars that run on sunflower seeds
>(Kansas could become the new Texas!), then oil is what we
>need.  Now, I know what you are going to say, those technologies
>will never be viable while we have oil, but that doesn't make sense
>because we have hybrids now and that technology was never going to
>be a reality while we were "addicted to oil."
>

>Donald H. Snook

Loren Faeth