I feel that unless one lives in an area where they are likely to be shot or
otherwise attacked, then the hard-charging drivers who tailgate can drive
off into oblivion and die, wasting fuel all the way.

The 240D has all the power to accelerate that is needed, except for up steep
hills with a lot of cargo.

I like that it's being acknowledged more in the media these days that hard
acceleration wastes fuel. Of course, this is not so much the case with
diesels - I mean accelerating faster taking more fuel?

Brian

Steve echoed: But I echo the note about freeways. Not only
merging, but even keeping up with urban freeway traffic patterns isn't a fun
proposition.