Rich wrote: "So, these are 2 kinds of people who generally become polarized
around their valid belief systems, and neither kind is gonna change the minds
of the other though it does lead to lots of effort to try to do so.  I have
thought a lot about why a person falls into one camp or the other (or actively
somewhere in between) and have some clues, but nothing definitive.  (I note
that some liberal friends of mine who have moved up into the Alternative
Minimum Tax realm are rapidly developing more conservative thoughts when that
little surprise bites them, or their wives like to spend that "excess" money on
various things, or both.)"

There is a third category that I am included in.  I don't want to pay any taxes
at all.  NONE.  BUT, I also want every service the government offers.  I know I
can't have it that way, but I really hate paying more than a third of my money
to the government.

(P.S. I am not really serious about not wanting to pay any taxes. I do think we
need schools, and roads, and bridges, and social services, But I sure do wish I
could pay less.

I also think there are not that many barely rich liberals out there.  The
barely upper middle and the barely rich are the folks who are hit hardest with
taxes.  The ultra rich can invest in ways that keep them from paying taxes.
Have you ever noticed some of the most liberal people around are also the
richest?  George Soros, the Kennedy's, Heinz, Edwards, etc.  They want higher
taxes, but take a look at Edwards investments.  He is HEAVILY invested in tax
free bonds.

Donald H. Snook