-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Allan Streib
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2008 9:00 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Things that go clunk when you stop

"andrew strasfogel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I always use a log as a support in case the car falls off the jack.
> The problem with ramps is they might move as I attempt to drive up
> them.  I like the idea of a lift better.

I have bad luck with ramps as well, at least on my smooth, sealed
garage floor.  they just slide, the car never goes up on them.

Jack stands and a decent floor jack have always served me well.

A real lift that would let me stand under the car would be wonderful;
unfortunately I have neither the overhead clearance nor the money for
one right not.

Allan
--
1983 300D