Rich Thomas wrote:
>  ride with me while I crack off 30 or 40 miles (that would be 50 or 70km
 > more or less) Sunday morning just to get my juices warmed up for a nice
 > cuppa and brekkie.  Us old guys go kinda fast though, so you might have
 > to wheeze a bit more than you're used to.

I never rode without breakfast, but once upon a time, I thought 80-100 miles
was
a fun thing to do before lunch on a Saturday morning. My old college roommate
has kept himself in better shape than I'm in. Here's what he did this spring
before he had time to condition his body for long rides:
http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=3Tzut&doc_id=3979&v=GD

He usually takes a bike camping trip in July, but he wanted to do this ride in
the south before the weather got hot. He got cooked anyway.

Mitch.