Last time I was as Sears, the "hand" tools, and I would say really just
the wrenches, still looked "decent".  ALL their power tools and
pneumatic tools are generic chinese low-bidder production.  The pliers
and screwdrivers aren't great either.

I think the "guaranteed forever" used to be a statement about the
quality of the tools; now I think they've figured out that most people
don't use the tools enough to break them, and if they do, it's so few
that they can afford to replace them.  When you sell a $1.00 screwdriver
for $10.00 you can afford to give a few away every now and then.  It's
just a marketing gimmick now, and nearly every tool brand now offers the
same guarantee.

Allan
--
1983 300D (for sale)