From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Allan Streib
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 3:52 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: [MBZ] Craftsman tools (was Harbor Freight wrenches impress)

Last time I was as Sears, the "hand" tools, and I would say really just the
wrenches, still looked "decent".  ALL their power tools and pneumatic tools
are generic chinese low-bidder production.  The pliers and screwdrivers
aren't great either.

I think the "guaranteed forever" used to be a statement about the quality of
the tools; now I think they've figured out that most people don't use the
tools enough to break them, and if they do, it's so few that they can afford
to replace them.  When you sell a $1.00 screwdriver for $10.00 you can
afford to give a few away every now and then.  It's just a marketing gimmick
now, and nearly every tool brand now offers the same guarantee.

Allan