> Subject: Re: [MBZ] 190D transmission, anybody got any ideas?
> To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
>
> Can I pull the valve body out of the old tranny and put it in this one?
>  How hard is it to pull the valve body?  Im guessing a hell of a lot
> easier than pulling the whole tranny.  Kickdown cable unplugged?  You
> mean the wire to the kickdown solenoid?  I have it unplugged right now,
> does same thing plugged in.

Pulling the body is easy- Keep track of the bolts; several lengths are
involved and there are a lot of them.  The body will drop from the
trans as a unit but actually has 4 layers.  Do NOT disassemble the
body unless you have gaskets and diagrams to know what goes back where
when a few springs jump out (do this in a contained space where
springs cannot get lost!).   .

When dropping the body Also keep an eye out for a few little bits.  If
like the 722.418 on my 300d there is a little plastic valve and other
bits that MUST be set "just so" and may come out from where they
belong when you drop the valve body.

Do you have any pics to show the lines you mention?

Tony Wirtel