Zoltan Finks wrote:
 > But he also told me I need a tool to compress the calipers on the
rear. Otherwise I will ruin the calipers. He says this is because they
are hooked via cable to the emergency brake.

The older cars have drum parking brakes inside the disks, I thought the W201/124 did too. If so, the parking brake and caliper are unrelated and the tool to screw in the parking brake adjuster on a piston is useless. BTW, the piston tool is probably less than $55 at Autozone and they will loan it to you if you put up a deposit equal to the retail price.

Mitch.