It seems than at Tue, 14 Oct 2008 20:38:28 -0700, ernest wrote:

> succinct, perhaps, but questionable...
>     it's not likely that anyones first stop of the day is
> going to be when doing 70 in traffic,

I do - if I roll through the stop sign 0.1 miles from the end of
my driveway. 25 miles to the interstate with intersection at the
top of the hill. Shift down to 3rd to turn onto the onramp. 120
miles later is the big city.

> and due to the
> zero-clearance design of disc brakes, once pads are over their
> initial warmup it would take many dozens of miles in temps too
> cold to be safely running 70 for them to cool down enough to
> be an issue.

Does that mean you don't ever drive 300 miles on an Interstate
highway without stopping? I do.

And I _don't_ want brakes that change performance significantly
with temperature while driving on public roads.

--           Philip