You just clamped the hose right to the pipe?  Was this a carbureted
application?  Mine is fuel injected, I need a connection that will take
some pressure which is why I would at least want some kind of a bead at
the end of the pipe, if not a proper hose barb.

I was looking at their 9929T123 aluminum tubing.  What's the advantage
of steel, wouldn't it be more prone to corrosion?

Allan