on 1/7/09 14:22, Peter Merle at merle.pe...@gmail.com wrote:

> Which merc are they based on?
> Here in SA no one is interested in buying American vehicles - the Japs ,
> European and now Chinese have the market
> Peter

I think the w124.

This is what MB was doing with Chrysler. The Pacific was based on the
first-gen M class, the Crossfire on the first CLK.

The Japs own the market here very much as well. I got the Magnum for easily
$6-7k less than a comparable Japanese vehicle of the same
vintage/mileage/equipment level.

The Chargers are much more expensive and hard to fine, the Chrysler 300s
about $2k more. The Magnum has dipped in value (except for the R/T and SRT)
because it has been discontinued.

Mac