Nice but for $200! That seems a bit steap for a thermostat.

Douglas

On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 09:20:16 -0600 John Robbins <je...@msstate.edu> wrote:

http://www.alpinehomeair.com/viewproduct.cfm?productID=453055819

Check out the install instructions.  You can tell the PID controller how
aggressive its gains need to be, you can set the cycles per hour

Sounds very flexible!

Also, the thermostat will guarantee that the compressor has five minutes
of off time between cycles to prevent damage to the compressor (say
there is a power outage or something).

We don't have any compressors so that's not a concern.

Total overkill, but I'm a gadget freak...

I understand.

The thermostat may not be worth the $200 price tag in my area, but as
cold as it gets up there you might recover it in fairly short order.

The one you mentioned is 3 stages of heat and 2 of cool. All we need is
one stage of heat. The TH8110U1003 does the job we need and is cheaper at
other websites, specifically,

http://www.pexsupply.com/categories.asp?cID=394&brandid=

Maybe there are some of these hidden settings in your thermostat?  All
of those settings I talked about are in the hidden "install menu".

Not a chance ...

HTH

Yes.

John the blabbering gadget freak