Gary,

Oh, I got your point and I remember the Government making statements to
effect that "if we let Nam fall, the Communist will ......." We know they
were wrong. And as far as post 911 is concerned, we may never know. I do
know that politicians never get credit for averting disaster!

My economic comments are not been based on our wonderful Government's
propaganda, they are based on my own beliefs.

Our monetary system works because:

1. The dollar is free flowing through the system.

2. We believe that the worn out pieces of paper we carry around with us have
some value. Also, the person we trade the piece of paper to also believes it
has some value.

And if we had let the major banks fail:

Let the major banks fail and item 1 stops - banks have to move money and the
major banks are the major cash movers in this country. Letting them fail
would be like taking out the main water mains feeding Atlanta or letting
Lake Laneer dry up (it almost did, right?). Banks fund everything from the
seed farmers need to plant in the spring to the food you buy at the grocery
store.

If this were to happen the Gov would have to react by printing money to
finance everything - lots & lots of money - far more than they printed for
the bailout. And since our dollar has no backing except for faith (item 2),
once excessive printing crossed a critical point other counties would loose
faith in the American dollar. Then the value of the Dollar would free fall &
the cost of everything would go up just as sharply.

Think this is all just BS? Study your history - the exact same scenario has
played itself out over & over again in other countries.

Thanks,
Tom Hargrave
www.kegkits.com
256-656-1924