Why do you want gas rather than electric? I've always had an electric stove until 6mo ago when I moved to my current place, with a gas stove. It seems to take a lot longer to boil water than all of the electric stoves I've had, and I'm a bit worried about ventilation (is it safe to use with the hood fan off, and all the windows closed?). I suppose it's slightly cheaper to run?

Tyler