You need a conversion kit to run SVO (straight vegetable oil) or WVO
(waste vegetable oil) but you do not need to do anything to run
BioDiesel.
You can dilute SVO or WVO to some in fossil Diesel fuel without any conversion.
With the SVO and WVO the devil is in the details - there are many ways
to either supplement fossil Diesel with the oils, or run solely on
them, depending on what you do.
There is next to no risk from using BioDiesel produced to spec.
Homebrew is subject to the quality standards of the brewer -- --