right...in England about 70% taxes, but transportation
companies still havfe to pay the taxes, even if
farmers don't. Of course, US citizens pay a lower % of
their income on food than any other country in the
world, do our food prices going up, might just put us
at par with Europe, where it is still cheaper to buy
fresh canola oil than BioD/D2...who knows, we'll just
have to wait and see.

Chris

--- David Brodbeck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Christopher McCann wrote:
> > I wasn't really implying anything, just making an
> > observation. Yes, Fuel prices will lead to price
> > inflation in general, but Europe has had high fuel
> > prices forever and it's still cheaper to buy bulk
> > fresh VO than it is to buy D2 or BioD (the
> cheapest
> > fuel at the pump). We may be facing that scenario.
>
> Europe's situations is categorically different,
> though.  European diesel
> prices are high because of heavy taxation.
> Agricutural use is tax
> exempt, I believe.  If you subtract out the taxes,
> their fuel prices are
> close to our own.

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-1985 300SD, 209K miles, "Wulf"
(http://www.pictureblogger.com/My-1985-Mercedes-Benz-300SD)
-1987 300TD, 149K miles, "Rotkäppchen"
-1976 240D, ManyK miles,  "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen
= Alternative Fuel Test Vehicle) running WVO/WMO/LO/WATF/WGL/Kero/D2 mix (do
not attempt this unless you are willing to sacrifice your IP and/or injectors,
etc.)

-1998 Toyota Sienna CE, 101K miles, "The Van" - FOR SALE!!!! $6500 (and that's
a good deal).

http://mail.yahoo.com