Here's my take on this:

This seller is peddling a solution to a perceived problem. I've been around
long enough to have dealt with a host of alternator problems. None were
related to inherent design problems with regulator and none would have been
"fixed" with an adjustable regulator.

Bosch alternators and regulators are probably amongst the most reliable
machines in the world. They do a good job and they rarely fail. And when
they do, you just plug in another one & go on. If plugging in another one
doesn't help then you misdiagnosed the problem, you have a low or bad
battery, you have corroded terminals or your loads exceed the total wattage
output of the alternator (stereo? headlight upgrade?).

Concerning misdiagnosis - I've seen more alternators and batteries replaced
due to loose belts than any other misdiagnosis. An alternator with a
slipping belt can't charge at its full capacity and the symptoms appear as a
failing battery or alternator.

If your problem is that you increased your loads past the alternator's
ability to keep the battery charged then increasing the voltage of your
alternator will not increase it's current output. The only solution is a
higher amperage capacity alternator.

Another thing to consider - boosting your alternator output voltage above
the battery's float voltage will shorten the life of your battery. The extra
charge heats the battery & drives the water out of the electrolyte.

Thanks,
Tom Hargrave
256-656-1924
www.kegkits.com