[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
About 3 weeks ago, my 91 300D 2.5 turbo started idling rough. It came on kind of gradual, so I didn't sweat it. I had an '87 190D 2.5T and it idled rough. I figured it was due up at 155k, so I put some injectors in it. Wierdly, the cylinders all seem to be firing better, but the idle is getting worse. I can feel that the injectors made a difference, but they did not seem to affect the problem much at all. It seems to be getting worse, though that might just be the temperature dropping.
What else should I be looking at?

Under any load at all, the car runs like a champ. It just hates to idle. The idle is rough enough to make my CD player skip, though.

Check the idle actuator and the overvoltage protection relay. Intermittent of either can result in poor idle and perfectly fine operation under load.

Marshall
'87 300TD 181Kmi,'87 190D 2.5 199Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 227Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 159Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 234kmi