Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 10:00:39 -0500
From: Luther <benz-n-h...@gulseth.net>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] our 190D starts to burn oil
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

How can you justify keeping "shorter oil change intervals" when the car
burns 1qt/150-200mi like my coupe?

Luther

Curt Raymond wrote:
> DING!

How recently? How hard have you been driving it? You did have a bad
thermostat at some point not all that long ago didn't you? I seem to
remember that.

> I'd guess your carboned up rings are
starting to let go of the carbon resulting in them seating badly as the
carbon comes off unevenly. In which case the solution is to drive it
like you stole it and keep shorter oil change intervals until it clears
up.

--
Luther   KB5QHU    Alma, Ark
'87 300SDL (281,xxx mi)