To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2009 4:31 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] More OIL Questions

I've run the 15/40 in all my Volvo's and my gaser E320 Seems to get the job
done.  Never had a mechanical failure due to oil breakdown - ever.

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 3:29 PM, E M <pokieba...@gmail.com> wrote:

I use the dino Rotella Diesel 15/40 in the old 300E gasser, and it seems to work well. I like it for the higher zink content. I'm not sure what to
run
in my old 911 now that the zink levels have been reduced, but I'm thinking
to maybe go with Rotella in that too.  Any thoughts ?

Ed
300E

2009/6/4 R A Bennell <b...@mts.net>

> I don't see much choice in Mobil 1 here but when I go over the border
into
> the USA, I always look at WalMart to see
> what they have.
>
> Do I need to worry about the coding on the jugs or is any reasonably
heavy
> Mobil 1 going to be ok for my old 300D?
>
> So far, I have just stuck with the Shell Rotella oil.
>
> Randy

[snip]