Is that true of the 115 300D's?

Randy

-----Original Message-----
From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com
[mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]on Behalf Of Kaleb C. Striplin
Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2009 8:08 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] R/R of hood hinge on a W123

anything over about 81 in a 240D no longer has the fenders glued on, the
300D's never had them glued on for some reason.

Craig McCluskey wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 10:40:06 -0400 andrew strasfogel
> <astrasfo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> My trusted mechnic told me to take it to a body shop as there is no way
>> to access the lower bolts without R/R of the fender.  If the fender is
>> original, it has been glued into place, so this is NOT a job for the
>> unprepared or hubristic.
>>

> Not so! A some point in time, MB stopped gluing the fenders to the body.
> I changed the right-front fender on our 1982 240D/3.0 in the parking lot
> of Silver Star Recycling in Rancho Cordova, CA, while we were on vacation
> a couple of years ago. No problem taking the old fender off nor putting
> the new one on.
>
> When I replaced my hood hinges, I had to take the fender off because I
> needed to run a tap down the tapped hole in the body and couldn't get the
> tap started straight with the fender on.
>

> Craig

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
 95 E300, 92 500SEL, 92 300SD, 92 300E 4Matic, 91 300D, 91 300E,
 89 560SEL, 87 300SDL x2, 85 380SE 5.0 Euro, 85 190D, 84 190D,
 84 300D euro manny, 81 240D, 80 240D, 76 240D, 76 300D,