Jim is admitting to living in the time of the dinosaurs. I started out with mark sense cards, because we were not trusted with key punch machines. Later, when we were able to use the key punch machines, it was sooo much nicer! On the machine side, I used a paper tape NC machine. THat was fun too. Lots of little holes punched out of the paper.