ernest breakfield wrote:
try to make it clear that you would have been obeying the law if
> there was some way you could  have known what it actually was!

I once got pulled over for going past a 25mph sign at 35mph with my brakes on. AFAIK, the speed limit was 55mph on one side of that sign and 25mph on the other. I hit the brakes as soon as I went around a curve and saw the sign. No ticket, just a long going over from a 'by the book, straight from the academy' cop who was bored. It was about 1:00 AM and I think he was waiting for the nearby tavern to close. He's the only cop who ever compared the VIN on my dash with the VIN on my registration.

Mitch.