HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

tyler wrote:
I absolutely disagree with what you're saying. Most judges are reasonable, and put the burden of proof on the officer, not the defendant- as is required by law.

The judge also has the power to adjust sentencing to make the punishment fit the crime. For example, over a year ago in Oregon I got a ticket for running snow tires out of season. What I was doing was illegal, and I admitted it to the judge- but pleaded not guilty (the only option which gets you to court) because it had in fact snowed a few days earlier, and I had put the tires on just for that snow storm, and had then been out of town and didn't have time to change them back. The judge found me guilty, but reduced the fine to the absolute minimum (from about $150 to like $10).

If you are professional, courteous and reasonable, and don't contradict the officers testimony (calling him a liar) but instead explain the circumstances surrounding your actions, most judges will give you the minimum sentence the law allows them to.

Tyler

Hendrik & Fay wrote:
Best off to just pay the thing, question is did you miss the sign or was the sign that badly vandalized that any reasonable person would not be able to make out what it was. What is the basis of your challenge? That there was only one partially obscured sign? You have to consider that a court will not go against an officer of the law unless you can absolutely prove that the issuing of the ticket was wrong. Can you do this? I recently got a red light running ticket in my truck, situation was that a bus had partially pulled into my lane whilst wanting to turn at the traffic lights, there was a car to my left and I was busy watching my mirrors and the bus to see how far over I could go, in order to not hit the car or bus. By the time I saw that the lights where just about to turn red it was too late to safely stop. I could go to court and explain the circumstances but the court would most likely say that given my experience I should have done better and stopped the truck if it was unsafe to proceed.

Hendrik

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
95 E300, 92 500SEL, 92 300SD, 92 300E 4Matic, 91 300D, 91 300E, 89 560SEL, 87 300SDL x2, 85 380SE 5.0 Euro, 85 190D, 84 190D, 84 300D euro manny, 81 240D, 80 240D, 76 240D, 76 300D, http://www.okiebenz.com