Already happened in parts of Canada, during the last fuel price 'spike'.
Were almost spontaneous and caught everyone by surprise.

Authorities can do little about it if 500 truckers park their rigs on a
major highway and just stand around.

In any case, the full effects have not yet made their way through the retail
and manufacturing chain. For example, here we are still eating local produce
but soon we'll be into winter imports. Retail stocks probably are just
catching up now.

Also consider the auto industry and its reliance on petrochemical-derived
products. The automakers are pretty much on their knees already, this is the
last thing they need - increased production costs coupled with sagging sales
of their laughably out-of-step product rollouts.

Mac