The pond is higher, or the structure is higher? If the pond is higher, why do you have to haul any? ;<))))))

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Curt Raymond" <curtlud...@yahoo.com>
To: "Diesel List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, August 03, 2009 6:10 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Kid cars

The pond is the legal 75 feet away from the new structure although its also 20-25 feet higher... Still more hauling than I'd want to do.

The road needed work anyway. First day of construction the contractor hauls in a backhoe, they drop some trees and rough out the area. Then its starts raining. Then it starts POURING. They get something like 4" of rain in an hour. The contractor has to call for somebody to come pick him up at the paved road. They leave all their equipment at the farm because they're scared of getting it stuck now that the road has turned into soup. Its 2 weeks before the area dries out enough they can work more. He hauls in some gravel for under the slab, gets it framed up and the rebar in. Then we proceed to have the wettest summer/fall/winter/spring in a decade. We don't pour concrete for 1 full year after they started earthwork. The garage sprang up in seconds compared to how long it took for the earthwork.

-Curt