From: "Bob Rentfro" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Stinkin' Vacuum Pump
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 09:20:05 -0700
Message: 19

Okay. boys...this vacuum pump deal is getting odd.
All the other failures I've ever experienced has had oil spewing into the air cleaner housing. This failure is different. The car will not shut off (I've checked the shutoff valve SAT...it holds vacuum like mad). There is NO oil getting into the air cleaner housing. The cruise still works. The HVAC is no wierder than usual. But there seems to be oil getting into the vacuum lines where oil hasn't been before.
When the main check valves in the vacuum pump fail, what happens?
Any ideas.

Bob Rentfro (if the hood release cable fails, I ain't goin' nowhere)
'77 300D 141K
Litchfield Park, AZ