i think all we can do is try to support the few locals who remain and try to
educate others into the error of their ways.  but, as i've said, they don't
care as they think they got a free nickel, when they got nothing but reamed
and made the world a vastly inferior place.

in some older neighborhoods you can find some of the old businesses still
alive, but they are fading fast.  in the town rusty grew up in, sandy
springs, you can still find a few such places but most of them are long
gone.  i still sometimes go there to actually deal with dedicated people
trying to do a quality job.  last week my cellphone broke, so i took it this
ship where a father and son just fix phones all day long rather than just
chuck it and get the latest and greatest.

the kid fixed it in about 10 minutes.  when he refused payment as he "really
didn't do anything" i tried to offer him $20 as a "tip" for being helpful to
me.  he refused that as well, saying that all he wants from me is to tell
people about their service.  how much longer before the only place to go is
the idiots at the verizon store?