On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 7:28 PM, Tyler <casi...@usermail.com> wrote:
> I don't know what lockers or LSD options there are for W124s and W123s.
> Would the 190E 16v LSD work? I prefer a real locker to an LSD, but either is
> better than nothing.

No 124s came from the factory with LSD, only electronic traction
control (mostly found in 500Es).  The LSD from the 190E 2.3-16 does
drop right in, but the final drive ratio is totally wrong. Keep in
mind, also, that LSDs wear out fast and a used one is likely to be not
much better than an open diff.  Rebuilding one requires special tools.

For a full discussion read this thread:
http://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w124/224048-limited-slip-differentials-w124s.html
"AMGDave" is Dave Meimann, probably the most knowledgeable guy in
America on performance mods for the '87 300D.

Alex Chamberlain